Vantours.co.uk wiki pages
From Vantours Wiki
(Redirected from Main Page)
Welcome to the vantours.co.uk wiki. This wiki will provide a simple knowledge base about vantours.co.uk and about "Jess" the Vantours motorhome. Being an active wiki you can of course sign up and make amendments and contributions for other users of this van.
What is the vantours website
The vantours website is the root of the domain vantours.co.uk and is self-hosted at digitalcarnage on a wordpress instance which is currently backed up nightly. This wiki is a subdomain of vantours.co.uk but is hosted as an mediawiki app with 1&1 IONOS, the domain registrar.
Admins & editors for vantours.co.uk can login from here.
The current theme of the site is "Master Blog" Version 1.0.2.
There are a number of active plugins used on the site to provide subscription, commenting and gallery functionality. Plugins used are as follows:
- Akismet Anti Spam Spam protection for the site
- Classic Editor Used in stead of the current "modern" editor
- CM Map Route Manager Pro Provides interactive map and location details
- Contact Form 7 Allows readers to contact the sites admin(s)
- Email Subscribers and Newsletters Used to send bulk email to the blogs subscribers
- NextGEN Gallery Provides a picture gallery for the site
- Really Simple CAPTCHA Simple Captcha for the site
- WP Google Maps Create google maps in posts etc. Currently deactivated. Wrong API.
- WP Mail SMTP Mail transport agent for Wordpress.
- WP Forms Lite Form builder plugin ofr comments and subscription requests.
- UpDraftPlus Used for backing up and restoring the whole of vantours website.
- EU Cookie Law Simple cookie acceptance and GDPR compiler
- WP Bulk Delete Used for granular deletion of posts, pages, comments, users and their data.
- Duplicate Post Used to duplicate posts, pages categories or anything else in Wordpress.
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA) Admin(s) and editor(s) now require 2FA authentication.
The site is backed up daily at 12:01am onto an external USB3 drive but is also externally backed up to a Google drive using a Wordpress plugin called UpDraftPlus. This instance of Wordpress uses an SQL database which is administered using phpmyadmin. Currently, the backup of the SQL database is done automatically and is part of the backup performed by UpDraftPlus. The UpDraftPlus plugin is also used for recovery in the event of the WordPress failure.
What is the Roller Team T590?
Changes we have made to our T590
- Added shelving to the wardrobe in the back. Access in the bathroom.
Pics to follow.
- Added a 53mm x 1m plastic pipe which can be attached to the grey water outlet. This is useful if it difficult to get the vehicle close enough to the service drainage point. Pic to follow.